help-smalltalk

Re: Gnu Smalltalk on macOS Monterey 12.6.3

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Gnu Smalltalk on macOS Monterey 12.6.3
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 08:58:51 +0100 (CET)

I am not sure what the solution is for your problem, but as far as I tested,
GNU smalltalk ( https://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk ) and the GNU smalltalk
browser work on Solaris 11.4.

Solaris 11.4 has a a GNOME 3 (3.24) destkop but it also supports older GNOME 2.

By "works" I mean that the GNU smalltalk browser works and seems to use the
compatibility older libgtk libraries,
which are provided by the OS for compatibility.

Perhaps other operating systems with a GNOME 41 or 43 desktop (current version
at https://www.gnome.org/ seems 43),
may also provide required libraries of GNOME 2.

Regards,
David Stes

the GNU Smalltalk environment help-smalltalk@gnu.org: