help-recutils

Help decrypting a confidential field

From: Kyle Andrews
Subject: Help decrypting a confidential field
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 21:01:29 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to use recutils to manage some confidential information. I
significantly reorganized a recfile, moving confidential fields to another
record set. Now I cannot get ~recfix --decrypt~ to decrypt them. I'm
using recutils 1.8.

If this is the intended behavior, could future versions of recutils
reserve encrypted-phrases to only depend on the file passkey and the
data contained in the specific fields and not depend on the arrangement
of the keys?

Is there a shell command I could use to recover the data or is it lost?

Regards,

Kyle