help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] recutils 1.2 released

From: David J Patrick
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] recutils 1.2 released
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 12:54:29 -0500

On 11-02-04 05:48 AM, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:

I am happy to announce a new release of the GNU recutils, version 1.2.

That's very exciting, and I'm going to try it right away..

I have a feature idea, as a result of my planned usage of recutils within an html templating system;

and external(?) script to generate data forms.

recform ~/dir/foo.rec >foo.htm

might generate an html form based on foo,rec creating fields for each record, options for enumerated types and following all indicated constraints. the submit buttons at the bottom should be for [search] or [add]

I'll end up hand-crafting these dialogs, but it occurs to me that a script could "do the right thing" for any data set, and the resulting html could be used anywhere.
djp