help-rcs

[no subject]

From: Sam Lee
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 15:28:18 +0000

> Unfortunately you didn't mention *how* you build your project. If you
> use Gnu make, there are builtin Makefile rules to checkout a working
> file (useless.c) that is missing if the archive file (RCS/useless.c,v)
> still exists.

Thank you. What I now see is that RCS is mostly good for software
projects that are able to use `make`, and that have a flat directory
structure. That includes projects written in C. Now I wonder about
projects that don't use Makefiles. For example, Python and Java
software, or even just a collection of txt files. I suppose RCS is
completely unsuitable for use in Java projects because of its directory
structure requirements (e.g. src/com/example/).