Re: BUGS

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: BUGS
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 10:48:40 -0500

> Everything currently installs into version 6.4 on Windows 10 except the below packages, I did it manually. I spent 12 hours staring at the computer, I did it twice. I also logged those that have warnings.

The Windows environment is known not to be set up for rebuilding all
Octave packages. as such it is compiled with a number of packages
included. see https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows

Packages that require compilation for installation, I suspect many
that you found failing, will not be installable on Windows.  I don't
believe a comprehensive list has been compiled for some time, however.

Also, i noticed a few on your list that seemed curious, so i tried a few.

strings and fits failed as expected due to compilation issues.  matgeom gave a few doc-cache warnings but installed fine. Note that there are some Windows configurations with user Temp folder permission restrictions, and for those cases setting a different Temp location within octave is necessary for package installation. I'm not sure if that's might be the cause of your larger 'failed' list than expected.