Re: get_help_text() function problem

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: get_help_text() function problem
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 16:05:53 +0200

Am 21. Mai 2021 um 12:37 Uhr schrieb "Bill Greene":
> I am running Octave 6.2.0.
>
> Running
> help inputParser
> works for me. But that class is so much more complicated than my simple
> example that I can't determine what the significant difference is.

It works for me if the classdef has at least one methods block and the first
documentation line is non-empty:

## some comment

classdef MyClass

  ## myclass:  do something
  ##

  methods
  endmethods

endclassdef

In Octave 6.2.0:

>> help MyClass

'MyClass' is a built-in function

 myclass:  do something

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the online version of the manual.  Use the command
'doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at https://www.octave.org and via the help@octave.org
mailing list.

There is already an open report about classdef classes being erroneously
classified as "built-in function":

HTH,
Markus