Re: help

From: prnienhuis
Subject: Re: help
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 17:38:50 +0100

Dear Fernando,

Please don't email developers directly but ask in
* the help-octave mailing list (help-octave@gnu.org; forwarded)
 or maybe better,
* post in the Octave Discourse help group (https://octave.discourse.group/c/help/6)

There are many more people there that may be able to help you.

P.

Fernando Duarte wrote:
Hi,
I'm Fernando Duarte, one maths teacher from Portugal.
I need, using xlswrite from octave, to write on excel (xlsx) sheet a string matrix with special characters like ç, õ, á,.....
for example:
a={'square'; 'diamond'; 'sin'}
b={'faço'; 'ação';' sátão'}
if I use xlswrite('myfile.xlsx', a) ->all runs well
but if  I try
xlswrite('myfile.xlsx',b) I have an error when I try open Excel sheet.
Can you help me solve this problem?
Thank you very much, in advance

sincerely

Fernando Baltazar M Duarte