Re: pkg: error running the configure script for communications.

From: Navneet Battan
Subject: Re: pkg: error running the configure script for communications.
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 21:50:57 +0530

Thanks Markus for quick response.

Warm Regards,
Navneet

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 at 19:41, Markus Mützel <markus.muetzel@gmx.de> wrote:
Am 13. Januar 2021 um 14:11 Uhr schrieb "Navneet Battan":
> Updating complete error. I have tried installing hdf5 using "sudo port install hdf5", but no luck.
> [...]
> >> pkg install -forge -verbose communications
> [...]
> checking for HDF5... no
> checking for H5Fopen in -lhdf5... no
> configure: error: hdf5 not found

I'm not exactly sure how that homebrew magic works. It might be that hdf5 has to be part of the app?
Maybe you'll get better help reporting errors with installation on MacOS here:
https://github.com/octave-app/octave-app/issues?q=is%3Aissue+forge

It looks like communication 1.2.2 installed successfully for others:
https://github.com/octave-app/octave-app/issues/147#issuecomment-586548525

Markus