Installing Octave via Home-brew on MacOS

From: oleg efimov
Subject: Installing Octave via Home-brew on MacOS
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 12:42:41 +1300

Dear Octave,

We are trying to install Octave on macOS into the usr/bin

And this is via the home brew.

Could you please let us know how this works with the latest homebrew permission limits on

The usr/bin

We are getting this error message because homebrew fails to install octave :

 /usr/bin/octave: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

We have tried to run the commands we need to run via the GUI version of OCTAVE.

However it requires the FreeSurfer dependencies for setting up the paths.

And this would assume that this would work within macOS usr/bin

Default directory for Octave.

If you could help or guide thank you!

Cheers, Oleg

"This communication is confidential and may contain privileged and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or retain it. If you have received it in error please immediately notify me by return email, delete the emails and destroy any hard copies. Soul Machines Limited does not guarantee the integrity of this communication, or that it is free from errors, viruses or interference."

Please consider the environment before printing this email.