Re: Instructions for Installing BLAS and LAPACK library on Octave 5.2.0

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Instructions for Installing BLAS and LAPACK library on Octave 5.2.0
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 14:45:45 +0100

On Tuesday, 29 September 2020, Ilaya Bharathi <ilaya.bharathi@fcagroup.com> wrote:
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply.
I use the zip file rather than the executable file for octave. Maybe I need to try the Octave exe file for the multithreading purpose as you suggested.
As far as I understand, I'm gonna proceed with the following. Kindly advise if I need to make any changes.

  • Downloading Octave 5.2.0-64 bit executable from the official GNU Octave website(https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html#ms-windows) for Win 10
  • Installing the same and checking with the default OPENBLAS library.
  • Assigning the value for the environment variable  OPENBLAS_NUM_THREADS = "the number of processors we need to utilize"

The second step is not necessary. Otherwise yes.

Ian