Re: Not able to add delay to transfer function

From: shall689
Subject: Re: Not able to add delay to transfer function
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:04:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Sergie,

Thanks for information.

I did respond to you in the other thread ("I have both magnitude and phase
data.").  It just got lost in all the replies.  Also, I started a new thread
because I was asking a different question.

I got stuck on getting a transfer function that matched the frequency
response data, so I moved on to trying to get a transfer function using an
average model of the the Half bridge inverter.  I think I successfully came
up with the correct transfer equation using the average model.

I would still like to be able to come up with the equation using the
transfer function data.

I looked at ifft and it needs to have an iddata objects.  I think iddata
needs to be used to get the iddata objects, but iddata doesn't take
frequency response data.

A while back I unsuccessfully tried to get the transfer equation for a buck
converter from frequency response data.  I posted that question in the
following thread:
https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Control-System-Design-methods-using-Octave-tc4685799.html).
Doug was very helpful and I think the transfer equation was close but not
close enough.

Stephen