System command issue

From: Mario Cachile
Subject: System command issue
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 17:22:17 -0500 (CDT)

Hi All!
I've been looking for this question, but Sorry if it has been answered
before.
 This is it.
I've been running version 4.2.2 on linux (Ubuntu 18.04) and recently I've
installed the 5.2 version from snapd, so now I have both versions running.
The problem I have is when I invoke "system" command, in particular I'm
interested in "pdflatex", which is "not found" in the newer version, but
runs perfect in the older one.
I guess there is an issue with some permissions in executing the "system"
command (in fact I "see" much more linux commands with the older than the
newer version) ... I'm lost, I don't know where is the problem, any help
will be kindly welcome.
If needed any additional information, just ask me.

Thanks in advance

Mario Cachile