Re: Command to save command history

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Command to save command history
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 11:11:10 -0400

I didn't make it clear, but I want to be able to recall the commands using up and down arrow so diary does not do it for me.

In truth I can't see any reason why command history and open file are not kept up-to-date at the end of every command.

ok, so history is only recorded to file at the end of the Octave session and a crash precludes this information being saved?  I agree that it would be useful if it was saved more frequently.  not sure what the overhead involved in that change would be, but it could definitely be made a wish-list request on the bug tracker:  bugs.octave.org.