Re: How Tune PID in octave using Frequency Response data

From: shall689
Subject: Re: How Tune PID in octave using Frequency Response data
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 09:55:42 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Doug,

I previously tried to covert the frequency response data to a transfer
function (see
https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Control-System-Design-methods-using-Octave-tc4685799.html)

You helped me on it
(https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Control-System-Design-methods-using-Octave-tc4685799.html#a4685818).

However, the resulting transfer function didn't exactly fit the original
response data (see attached csv file).

Do you think the resulting transfer function is good enough?

Some background:  The frequency data was generated from a buck converter
simulation (using PSIM).  I am now simulating an inverter which has a
capacitor current feedback (actually inverter current - output current is
fed back)  I have no problem tuning a PID (using Ziegler–Nichols method) for
an inverter current feedback inner current loop, but I am not able to tune a
PID that has a capacitor current inner loop. The issue has to do with what
magnitude to use for the step response.

buckVfreqResp.csv
<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372348/buckVfreqResp.csv>

Thanks,