Re: Vectorized version of nlfilter

From: Tony Richardson
Subject: Re: Vectorized version of nlfilter
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 13:31:41 -0500

OK.  I've cleaned up my alternate version of colfilt a bit.  It allows for neighborhood processing of only selected pixels instead of all pixels.  Neighbors can be specified by row and column offsets instead of using all neighbors in a rectangular region.  (This can result in less memory usage than colfilt if only a few neighbors of a percentage of the pixels in an image are to be processed.)  I would guess that it could be faster too (although probably not significantly so), but I haven't tried to measure that.

Tony