Re: parallel-4.0.0 on Octave 4.2.2

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: parallel-4.0.0 on Octave 4.2.2
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 12:52:35 +0200

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 01:44:55PM -0500, vrozos wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. It installs now (I have not check if it runs). I only
> got some warnings.
>
> octave:4> pkg install parallel-4.0.0.tar.gz
>
> configure: WARNING: TLS disabled since gnutls/gnutls.h not found or not
> compilable

This has no effect on parcellfun/pararrayfun.

If you should use the functions for cluster computation, you should
install the gnutls development package (on my Debian it is named
'libgnutls28-dev') and then uninstall and re-install
'parallel'. Otherwise you can do cluster computation only without
authentication and encryption, which might be dangerous -- if you want
to do it, read the docs first ('parallel_doc' from Octave
commandline).

> warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file
> 'parallel_interface'

This is a known issue not specific to 'parallel' and harmless.

Olaf