Re: Save Plot in Excel

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Save Plot in Excel
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 11:32:12 -0400

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 4:24 AM Anh Quân Trần Hùng <mrtran111997@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear administrators of octave,
I have a question about output data of octave. I want to export plot images from octave to Microsoft Excel but I haven't found a function to help me.

So, there are functions that create Excel spreadsheets from Octave data.  Are you asking if there is a way to create an Excel spreadsheet that contains an Excel plot of the data, and not just an image of an Octave plot of the data?  I'm not sure Octave or Matlab have functions to do that. Plots within Excel are notoriously cumbersome to work with. i'm sure there are some visual basic routines within Excel that can script plot creation, but I'm unaware of any external functions to do that.

Personally, having worked with large unwieldy spreadsheets with many repeated plots, I think an octave driven function to script excel plot creation would be a godsend.  If anyone has workable solutions, I'm all ears.