Re: How to compare the colums ( 2nd and 3rd) of 2 .csv files based on a

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: How to compare the colums ( 2nd and 3rd) of 2 .csv files based on a condition
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:35:59 -0400

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:09 AM Ganesh Kini <ganeshrkini19@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rather than hardcore it, like   >> pos_a_1 = (condition1(:,2)=='a')
> how can i make it in general? Do I need to use for loop? Please let me know how to do it ?

what do you mean 'in general'? you mean for the 'a' part?  'a' is just a string.  you can put any variable in there. do you mean where I saved that result in the pos_a_1 variable? I just did that for convenience. You can index the data directly without assigning the index array to a variable.  e.g.,:

current_condition = 'a';

output = supply1_1(condition1(:,2)==current_condition) -    supply1_2(condition2(:,2)==current_condition)

you could do it in a for loop. But only you know what you want to do with the data after you've done the subtraction, so I don't know how you want to build your output. but something like the following stores the info in a cell array (since the number of data points for ta, tb, tc are different):

ouput_position = 1;
for current_condition = ['a', 'b', 'c']
  output{output_position}  = supply1_1(condition1(:,2)==current_condition) -    supply1_2(condition2(:,2)==current_condition) ;
  output_position++;
endfor

>> output

output =