Re: symbolic

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: symbolic
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 10:38:13 -0400

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 10:29 AM guidetti Porto via Help-octave <help-octave@gnu.org> wrote:
I've been trying to install pkg symbolic for some time, but it never works. Could someone help me?

Please help us help you.  What operating system and what version of Octave?  Can you provide more detail than 'it never works'?

Symbolic requires some form of Python the Sympy to be installed on your machine. Is it?

If Windows, that developer has made a 'bundle' package that can be downloaded and installed and contains a portable version of python so you don't need to manually install things yourself.  See:
https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki/Notes-on-Windows-installation