Re: How to Disable Line Editing in the GUI

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: How to Disable Line Editing in the GUI
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 20:56:37 -0400

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 8:42 PM Alan Feuerbacher <alanf00@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to this list but have used Octave off and on for 12 years.
Mostly this has been on Linux, but at present I'm using a Windows 10
installation.

I've recently been using the GUI to edit and run programs. I find the
way the line editing and syntax/variable checking is done in the editor
is intrusive and annoying, since it so often does what I do not want it
to do. Is this a readline function?

I've been trying to find a way to disable this behavior, but with no
success.

I thought that adding "--no-line-editing" to the command line would do
the trick, but Windows 10 does not run the program.

Any helpful hints?

Alan

What do you mean by "line editing"?

--