Re: Build Octave Debug for Windows

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Build Octave Debug for Windows
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 16:15:24 +0200

Am 08. Juni 2020 um 15:37 Uhr schrieb "Stefan Pofahl":
> Hi,
>
> I fail to build MXE-Octave with the proposed options specified here:
> https://wiki.octave.org/Debugging_Octave#Debugging_oct-files
>
> Trouble maker is the option: --enable-address-sanitizer-flags
>
> The command:
> configure FFLAGS=-g CFLAGS=-g CXXFLAGS=-g --enable-address-sanitizer-flags
> –prefix=/opt/dbg-octave
>
> gives the warning message:
> unrecognized options: --enable-address-sanitizer-flags
>
> What I did under Ubuntu 20.04 to correct this, was the following:
> sudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install libasan5-amd64-cross
>
> And I set the environment variable "ASAN_OPTIONS" as follows:
> export ASAN_OPTIONS=symbolize=1
>

> Has someone an idea what to do?
>
> Attached a start for a HowTo-Do document.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefan

You probably won't believe it at this point. But I'm really trying to help you.

I don't understand why you would try to compile with address sanitizer flags if
you want to find the cause of a segfault (not a memory leak!).

Please, read again the first mail that I sent you on Saturday. It contains step
by step instructions on how to build Octave for Windows including debug symbols.

Anyway, I still think it would be best if you first create a backtrace with the
Octave that you have already installed...

Markus