Problem by Octave-cli

From: Khosravi, Nika
Subject: Problem by Octave-cli
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 19:48:52 +0000

Hi,

I've installed Octave for using it on jupyter notebook. The octave kernel seems to be installed already but it does not work. In other words, the kernel is not executable.

It keeps telling me that: Octave-cli not found!

I found only one solution online : We require the octave-cli executable to run the kernel. Add that executable's directory to the PATH environment variable or use the OCTAVE_EXECUTABLE to point to the executable itself. Note that on Octave 5 on Windows, the executable is in "Octave-5.x.x.x\mingw64\bin".

I tried to add that executable's directory to the PATH environment variable but it did not work for me or I did not do it as I suppose to and I have no idea how to use the  OCTAVE_EXECUTABLE.

I would be very thankful  if you could help me with this.

Regards,

Nika