Re: Robotic toolbox for octave

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Robotic toolbox for octave
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 10:26:01 -0400

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 10:08 AM zarimax1620 <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm massimo and I'm a rookie user of octave. I would like to know if it's
> possible to install a kind of robotic toolbox on octave as peter corke's
> toolbox for matlab. Thank you

Have you tried using his toolbox directly?  The install methods include just cloning the github project and adding it to Matlab's path, I suspect that would work for Octave as well.  (see addpath).   Then the question is how much of it is compatible. According to the FAQ:

"
Will the toolboxes work with Octave?

A subset of the RTB will work with Octave, specifically those functions that deal with arm-type robots. To enable this functionality go into the folder rvctools/Octave and follow the instructions in the README.txt file.

There are a lot of minor differences between MATLAB and Octave, though less than there used to be. The big stumbling block right now is that Octave handles classes in a very different way (actually the way that MATLAB used to). The Octave folk are working on adding MATLAB-style classes but it's not there yet. Once that happens I suspect a broader port of RTB and MVTB will be possible.
"

So I'd recommend giving it a try.