Re xlsread undefined (old thread) https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/e

From: jb
Subject: Re xlsread undefined (old thread) https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/error-xlsread-undefined-td4676441.html
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 08:25:53 -0500 (CDT)

I just came across this same thing, couldn't find any statement of what
turned out to be the answer so putting it here in case it may help someone.
In my case, I really did have the io package loaded with the asterisk, but
still xlsread was not defined. Furthermore, I'd successfully been using this
xlsread just the last time i was on octave. Turned out to be that the path
for the io pkg was now encoded in .octaverc for some reason like this:

/home/jbishop/octave/io-2.6.0/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-api-v52

But, when I deleted .octaverc and manually loaded io, this path results:

/home/jbishop/octave/io-2.6.0
/home/jbishop/octave/io-2.6.0/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-api-v52

So both need to be on the path I guess, and only one automatically gets
saved in .octaverc, or possibly I typed a savepath along the way somehow and
save path only saved one, I'm not sure which.