Re: filter raw EEG by frequency bands in time domain

From: Nicklas Karlsson
Subject: Re: filter raw EEG by frequency bands in time domain
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 22:09:31 +0200

> Nicklas:
>
> Hi.  Thanks for your reply.
>
> I added a message:
>
> "I have read https://www.mathworks.com/help/signal/ref/bandpass.html , but
> I'm not sure if this is the best way to proceed.
>
> bandpass() seems able to deliver results without an additional step, e.g.,
> not needing both fft and ifft."

Bandpass() is to filter frequency within a frequency band with a lower and
upper limit. fft transform from time domain to frequency domain, you get
amplitudes for different frequencies. ifft is inverse transform, guess you do
not need this.

You know about amplitude and phase diagrams for filters?

Linear phase come to my mind, think it is needed for sound but EEG no idea.
Vaguely remember something about a EEG example from course litterature but are
uncertain, maybe it could collect buzz from electric grid.

Nicklas SB Karlsson