Re: GIT & S3 Integration with Octave.

From: Torsten Lilge
Subject: Re: GIT & S3 Integration with Octave.
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 11:03:30 +0200

On Sat, 2020-05-02 at 06:12 +0200, aishik pramanick wrote:
> Hi Kia and Team,
>
> Actually we are performing a POC on Octave. As per the use case of the
> POC, we are trying to access AWS S3 bucket from the octave command
> prompt so that run time we can access file data stored in AWS S3
> bucket. I have not find any documentation that define the process of
> AWS S3 integration.
> Another user case is GIT integration, so that after saving the file we
> can directly push the code as well pull the code from GIT repository
> from the octave console.
> Both these two functionality are already present in MatLab tool. Hence
> we are trying to implement these two in Octave tool. It would be good
> if you can provide some guidelines how to implement that thing.
>
> Regards
> Aishik Pramanick
>
> On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 4:05 PM Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > On 5/1/20 10:18 PM, aishik pramanick wrote:
> > > Hi Team,
> > >
> > > I am doing a POC on Octave and now want to make a connection with
> > AWS S3
> > > bucket & GIT repository. Could you please help me how to implement
> > that.
> > >
> > > *Regards*
> > >
> > > *Aishik Pramanick*
> > >

> > Hi Aishik Pramanick,
> >
> > Please explain in more detail what you are going to do, what you
> > tried,
> > and what do you struggle with.  Furthermore, defining your
> > understanding
> > of abbreviations on first usage is recommended.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Kai

Hello Aishik,

please avoid top posting in this mailing list.

What is POC?

AFAIK, there is no direct support for git operations in octave, you
would have to implemented this in custom functions using system(). As
for accessing the Amazon Web-Service, I do not know which API has to be
used for that. Octave provides, e.g., urlwrite()/urlread() for reading
from an url and functions for accessing an ftp server.

Torsten