Re: warning: the 'boundary' function is not yet implemented in Octave

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: warning: the 'boundary' function is not yet implemented in Octave
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 07:48:18 +0100

On Tuesday, 21 April 2020, rezwan52 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Octave. I am using Octave 5.2.0.

I wanted to run a Matlab code in Octave and got the mentioned warning message.

my function was:  function [phi,neff] = svmodes (lambda, guess, nmodes, dx, dy, ...
                               eps, boundary, field);
                          boundary = upper(boundary);

I got the error in the "boundary" command.

Any suggestions, please?

 Are you sure you called svmode correctly? If nothing is passed in for 'boundary' the call will succeed, but boundary will be undefined inside svmode.

The warning is merely octave trying to be helpful.

Cheers... Ian