Roll back octave package dependencies?

From: dhmacdon2
Subject: Roll back octave package dependencies?
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 00:27:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I just installed Octave on a fresh install of Ubuntu (bionic), following the instructions in:

https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Debian_systems .

I should have stopped with the binaries, but mistakenly plunged ahead and also installed the dependencies, because I forgot I was just going to use Octave rather than build it. Again I followed instructions in the above web page:
sudo apt-get install gcc g++ gfortran make libblas-dev liblapack-dev libpcre3-dev libarpack2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev epstool libfftw3-dev transfig libfltk1.3-dev libfontconfig1-dev libfreetype6-dev libgl2ps-dev libglpk-dev libreadline-dev gnuplot-x11 libgraphicsmagick++1-dev libhdf5-serial-dev openjdk-8-jdk libsndfile1-dev llvm-dev lpr texinfo libgl1-mesa-dev libosmesa6-dev pstoedit portaudio19-dev libqhull-dev libqrupdate-dev libqscintilla2-dev libsuitesparse-dev texlive texlive-generic-recommended libxft-dev zlib1g-dev autoconf automake bison flex gperf gzip icoutils librsvg2-bin libtool perl rsync tar qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libqscintilla2-qt5-dev
So now I have a lot of extra stuff I'm not planning to use. What's the best way to remove all of this without harming the Ubuntu build-essentials or the executable Octave software itself? Or is it best to leave it as-is?

Thanks in advance,
Doug MacDonald