Re: Octave Problem

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Octave Problem
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 16:23:36 +0100

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 15:58, Doğukan Üyük <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I have been using Octave’s last version for couple weeks. I have some trouble with it. I can write codes properly but in somewhere all the system freezing so that i have to close octave and restart it. With this action ı lost what i wrote. What can be de frozen problem? Can you help me ?

I believe this is the same problem I experienced when copying text from another application into Octave. The text looked correct in the Octave window but Octave froze every time I pasted it into the window. When I typed exactly the same text into Octave it worked as expected. I assume Octave can present the text correctly but crashes when trying to interpret it.

Unfortunately the Octave maintainers will need more information to enable them to reproduce the problem. Can you find which characters cause it. Possibly one of []{}? Can you find out what codepage your system uses?

Cheers... Ian