Re: octave for linux: can't see a vfat mount

From: jb
Subject: Re: octave for linux: can't see a vfat mount
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:09:42 -0500 (CDT)

Hmm I think it is possibly a snap octave thing. I can dir('/media') like any
other path in octave 4.4.1. It only doesn't work in octave 5.2.0 snap. So on
top of that, I am now seeing that xlsread fails in the snap octave with a
can't find /usr/bin/unzip, while it works correctly in 4.4.1. I am
completely new to snap, have been using the snap octave for just the past
week. Everything seemed fine until these two issues today. Well, it's no
trouble to switch back to 4.4.1.