Re: [Octave 5.2.0 @ Ubuntu 20.04] Long duration of complex matrix invers

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: [Octave 5.2.0 @ Ubuntu 20.04] Long duration of complex matrix inverse
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:52:05 -0400

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 12:34 AM KamilStawiarski <address@hidden> wrote:
I really need Octave so I reinstalled ubuntu. And the same problem comes out.
I have look into code, put some couts and it stops at function
F77_XFCN (zgetrf, ZGETRF, (nr, nr, F77_DBLE_CMPLX_ARG (tmp_data), nr, pipvt,
tmp_info));

which comes from lapack package. I have written my own cpp code with this
function and everything works fine.
At this moment I am trying run Ortave in gdb to check what is really going
on.

I will write a solution here (if I find it), maybe someone will use it.

Ubuntu 20 has broken openblas. Either use reference blas or atlas (or self compile openblas,
etc ...). And please file the bug on Ubuntu tracker.

Dmitri.