Problem using xlswrite

From: stf.lorenzini
Subject: Problem using xlswrite
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 01:40:20 +0200

Hi,

I have Octave 5.2.0. I need to export data in xls format.

I have this test code:

octave:1> pkg load io

octave:2> pkg load windows

octave:3> B=['ID1';'ID2';'ID3'];

octave:4> xlswrite('prova.xlsx', B, 'provatab')

warning:  No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pkg installed AND loaded?)

warning: called from

    getinterfaces at line 121 column 11

    xlsopen at line 299 column 14

    xlswrite at line 223 column 9

(oct2xls: input character array converted to 1x1 cell)

ans =  1

Opening the exported prova.xlsx file I see only the string “ID1” in the most top left cell (A1) and nothing else. The intention would be to export ID1, ID2 and ID2 respectively in A1, A2 and A3 cells.

Any help?

Thanks so much

Stefano

Mail priva di virus. www.avast.com