Re: JRE recommendation

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: JRE recommendation
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 13:47:03 +0200

Am 07. April 2020 um 09:50 Uhr schrieb "Arielle Le Brenne":
> Good morning,
>
> I'm working on an online Machine learning course and need to download Octave
> to complete my coursework.  I downloaded the exe file but received an error
> message that JRE cannot be detected on my computer.
>
> Do you have any recommendations as to where I can download JRE? or if there's
> something I'm missing here?

I guess you are to referring to the message that Octave's installer for Windows
shows during installation. This is not an error but just a mere message.
Do you need to access Java from Octave?  If not, it should be running fine
without the need to install Java.
If you do need Java, any current version of the JRE should work as long as it
matches the bit-ness of Octave.  I.e., if you install 64bit Octave, you'd also
need to install the 64bit JRE.

Markus