Re: Command "system" works differently when installing Octave from flatp

From: Kwan Lowe
Subject: Re: Command "system" works differently when installing Octave from flatpak
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 11:07:53 -0400

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 10:27 AM Jaime Almonacid Caballer
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Kwan,
> No. I hadn't tried it. I have tried right now and I got:
> $ flatpak override --user env=PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/

Dang it. Apologies. I had a typo (did it from memory):

flatpak override --user --env=PATH=$PATH:/path/to/new

But you are correct in that the system path should already be there.
You can verify with:

flatpak override --show --user org.octave.Octave

Also please note that I am doing this with the --user option. It's
possible that you have installed in the system path (this is the case
if you did it with sudo).  If you installed with sudo, leave out the
--user.

--
"Don't be lazy. Do the thing. Do it properly."  - Simone Giertz