Re: IO PACKAGE and JAVA

From: Steph Bredenhann
Subject: Re: IO PACKAGE and JAVA
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 18:00:06 +0200

On 2020/03/22 17:08, Debajyoti Datta wrote:
I also get this, but this does not interrupt normal operations. Are you trying to plot data from excel sheet ??

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020, 8:29 PM Steph Bredenhann <address@hidden> wrote:
I am getting this message:

Detected XLS interfaces: warning:  No Java support found (no Java JRE or
JDK?)
warning: called from
     getxlsinterfaces at line 122 column 11
     xlsopen at line 262 column 17
     xlsread at line 233 column 11

My operating system is Ubuntu 18.04 and I run Octave 5.2

 >> pkg describe io
---
Package name:
         io
Version:
         2.4.13
Short description:
         Input/Output in external formats.

How can I get rid of this message?

Steph

Hi

We must keep the help list informed.

It does not interrupt normal operations, true, but I write results (normal text) to the command window and this unnecessary feedback clutter my output. If I can make IO recognise the JAVA path then I can use my output sensibly.

I know that the developers is working on a new version of IO, so hopefully this cosmetic problem will be solved quickly.

In the mean time, should anyone have a solution or workaround I'll appreciate.