Re: Matlab v7.3

From: Stefan Pofahl
Subject: Re: Matlab v7.3
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 16:04:51 +0100

Hi Mike,

thanks a lot for your great attempt to connect python and octave :-)
Up to know I have never worked with python, but I hope to find time
to get involved.

Regards,

Stefan

Am Sa., 21. März 2020 um 19:34 Uhr schrieb Mike Miller <address@hidden>:
On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 10:33:23 -0500, ellocco wrote:
> Unfortunatly, I also failed to install the pakage under Linux.
> My distribution is: ubuntu 18.04 (octave 5.2.0 & python3, including
> python-dev).
> It seems that this package is nothing for standard users :-(

Yes, it is definitely alpha software, and I hope that if you are
interested, you can get involved and help us improve the package until
we can consider it stable.

The master branch currently does install and work on any GNU/Linux and
on Windows, but there are some workarounds needed to locate Python on
Windows, I would appreciate some help improving that.

It sounds like you are familiar with Python, would you be able to help
write an example using h5py or some other library to demonstrate how to
load Matlab files using Pythonic?

Thanks,

--
mike