Re: Octave CGI pet project

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Octave CGI pet project
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 02:08:11 +0100

>I prepared a pet project in Octave with the CGI package. You can visit
>it here:
>
>http://195.201.16.117/RocketBurnTime_theory.html
>
>I am a little worried about security holes. A friend of mine told me CGI
>scripts are not advisable anymore, frameworks like Django are used instead.

I have an old script running on a web server at
http://wnet.isti.cnr.it/software/damatfrc/

It is the output of some computations I had made.  Complete source and
details are available on the web page, together with interactive
parameter settings and plot drawing.  It was made before the cgi package
ever existed, and takes care of checking paramter inputs (which is
relatively easy, as they are all numeric).

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107