Interpolation on scattered data

From: Nicklas Karlsson
Subject: Interpolation on scattered data
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 15:53:52 +0100

I have some problem with interpolation on scattered data. griddata(...) or interp2(...) functions do not work well. Delaunay function could triangulate data but maybe not well in all cases.

I have function to find nearest points. Interpolate between the three nearest point should if I think correct be equal to interpolation on delaunay triangulation but me a little bit stupid and can't immidiately figure out the equation. Anyone have it at hand?

I however found two other very interesting functions here http://fourier.eng.hmc.edu/e176/lectures/ch7/node7.html called "Radial Basis Function Method" and "Shepard method". I am however a little bit uncertain what happen then density vary for example then many points are tightly spaced as I expect them to pile up. Anyone used any of these?

Regards Nicklas Karlsson