AW: Strange?

From: address@hidden
Subject: AW: Strange?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 13:22:12 +0100 (CET)

Hello,
first of all: many thanks to all commenters - and you were fully right (and I
was fully wrong :-))

A="B";
isvarname (A)
ans = 1

because the value of "A" (which is "B" in this case) is a valid variable name.
So, A=1; isvarname(A) returns isvarname(1) and therefore 0 because "1" cannot
be the name of a variable.

So, I understood it now :-). One thing that I had misunderstood was that I had
had thought isvarname would check if "A" is actually the name of a variable.
However, I understand now this is only a test whether or not it is basically
possible to use it as the name of a variable.

Take care, thank you for a great program

Dieter

-----Original-Nachricht-----