Re: figure crash

From: Kwan Lowe
Subject: Re: figure crash
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 08:21:59 -0500

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 7:54 AM mcelebi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for reply.
> Linuxmnt 19
> I dont remember, I follow the forums on net so I did it.
> GNU Octave Version: 4.2.2

Based on this version, you likely are using the Octave directly from
the repository:
    [kwan@infinity JuliaByExample]$ apt list octave
    Listing... Done
    octave/bionic 4.2.2-1ubuntu1 amd64

You can verify by typing:
   which octave

   dpkg -S $(which octave)

> GNU Octave License: GNU General Public License
> Operating System: Linux 4.15.0-42-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 19:32:57
> UTC 2018 x86_64
> There are lots packages on octave. I mean that.
> I write figure then it crashes with this prompt octave exited with signal 11
> No exactly.

Try running the following from a command prompt to see if you can get
more useful information:

  sudo strace -e=signal octave --gui

It will output a fair amount of logs. Try running the commands that
crash octave. When it crashes, capture the output and paste the last
15 or so lines.