Re: subplot errors in 5.2.0

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: subplot errors in 5.2.0
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:05:22 -0800

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 09:49:18 -0500, Kwan Lowe wrote:
>    (Relatively) New user to the forums here. I've been lurking and
> reading and learning.

Welcome!

>    I'm having some issues running the subplot() command in Octave
> 5.2.0. I am running a couple simple examples from
> (https://octave.org/doc/v4.2.0/Multiple-Plots-on-One-Page.html).

I can't reproduce these errors. If you look at subplot.m, these first
warnings indicate that the "position" property of your figure contains
zeros for height and width.

> >> subplot(2,1,1)
> warning: division by zero
> warning: called from
>     subplot>subplot_position at line 337 column 15
>     subplot at line 218 column 23

That doesn't happen for me, but maybe looking into why the figure height
and width are zero can help you troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

--
mike