Re: Help with Octave standalone

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Help with Octave standalone
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 09:50:38 -0800

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 17:25:29 +0530, ashwin damle wrote:
> I am unable to run the interpreter from within a C++ program. I am using
> Windows 10 64 bit; GNU Octave version 5.2.0. Attached is the script I am
> using.

The attached program looks fine and works for me.

> error: 'fullfile' undefined near line 5 column 21
> error: called from
>     C:\Octave\Octave-5.2.0\mingw64\share\octave\site\m\startup/octaverc at
> line 5 column 1
> error: feval: function 'pkg' not found
> error encountered in Octave evaluator!

These errors clearly indicate that the default load path hasn't been
initialized properly, since all m-file functions are missing.

> I had a similar problem before which was solved by exporting the
> OCTAVE_HOME environment.

My guess remains the same as before, OCTAVE_HOME needs to be set to the
directory containing Octave to set up the load path correctly.

When I run your program with OCTAVE_HOME set correctly, it works for me
on both Debian and Windows 10.

Cheers,

--
mike