Re: trojan warning!

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: trojan warning!
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 23:53:28 +0900

On 2/17/20 9:34 PM, Lans, I.B.N. van der (Ivo) via Help list for GNU
Octave wrote:
> Trying to install from the following links triggered my virus-scanner on
> a trojan:
>

> https://mirror.kumi.systems/gnu/octave/windows/octave-5.2.0_1-w64.7z
>
> https://mirror.kumi.systems/gnu/octave/windows/octave-5.2.0-w64.7z

Thanks for sharing your concern.  I am very sure that no Octave
developer has packaged any malware.

If you are not convinced, you are free to create all necessary
distribution tarballs and installers yourself.  Octave provides several
guides how to do it in the wiki [1,2].

In my humble opinion it is more likely, that your company's malware
detection system is reporting a false positive [3].  Please contact them
[4] if you share your trust with them.  The description
"Artemis...Trojan" is not really helpful, unless you study Greek history.

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Building
[2] https://wiki.octave.org/MXE