Re: s1p

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: s1p
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 14:30:59 -0500

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 1:32 PM kelvinkelvin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

how can i load a touchstone format file *.s1p into my workspace with Octave?

It  appears that Matlab's RF Toolbox has functions to directly read in Touchstone files. I don't think any of the Octave packages have a compatible capability implemented.  s1p/s2p/sNp files are just text files [1], so you could read in and parse the files manually like any other data file.  Alternatively, a web search shows that a few other people seem to have made functions or external packages that might be helpful [2][3] to get you started.

[1] https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/Support/FAQ/What-is-a-Touchstone-file/
[2] https://rf.helpingcreate.com/cgi-bin/octave.pl
[3] https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Loading-touchstone-s2p-file-tp2076132.html