Installing "audio" package - how to install rtmidi dependency

From: Oli Bailey
Subject: Installing "audio" package - how to install rtmidi dependency
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 16:14:52 +0000

Hi Help,

I’d like to install the audio package in to Octave 5.1.0 (Windows 10 64-bit).

When I try “pkg install -forge audio”, I see rtmidi is missing:

>> pkg install -forge audio
configure: error: RTMIDI required to install octave midi package
configure: loading site script /usr/local/etc/config.site
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for mkoctfile... C:/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0/mingw64/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0.exe
checking for pkg-config... /c/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0/mingw64/bin/pkg-config
checking for RTMIDI... no

pkg: error running the configure script for audio.
error: called from
    configure_make at line 82 column 9
    install at line 184 column 7
    pkg at line 441 column 9

My question is how do I install rtmidi (listed as a runtime system dependency  here: https://octave.sourceforge.io/audio/index.html )?

Many thanks,
Oli.

Disclaimer: This email contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged and/or is confidential. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy or print this email. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise. Displaydata accepts no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this email. We may monitor all email communication through our networks. If you contact us by email, we may store your name and address to facilitate communication. Click here to read our privacy policy. Displaydata Ltd is registered in England and Wales, company registration number: 03929602. Registered Office: Malvern Hills Science Park, Geraldine Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3SZ, UK