Re: It is very difficult for Octave to calculate the inverse Laplace tra

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: It is very difficult for Octave to calculate the inverse Laplace transform of some functions
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 20:06:17 -0500

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 10:42 AM billyandriam <address@hidden> wrote:
For the advises which you have given:
1- I am running sympy 1.5.1 so I guess it is a recent version.
2- I will try to report it on its github project once I find some free time.
For comparison, I was able to get the result instantly while using MATLAB
from my University's Computer Lab.

I got it to work
First let me say that it ran here for more that 10 hrs. as you presented it. But no error.

If you do    ilaplace(partfrac(aux.i2))
then you will get the answer within 1 minute.
What this does is help the solver by doing the partial fraction expansion first.

--
DASCertificate for 206392