It is very difficult for Octave to calculate the inverse Laplace transfo

From: billyandriam
Subject: It is very difficult for Octave to calculate the inverse Laplace transform of some functions
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 02:28:19 -0600 (CST)

I had no intention to torture test Gnu Octave. I had this  Exercise from my
Circuit Analysis Textbook
<https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/474650/solving-a-linear-system-of-equations-from-a-mesh-analysis-in-the-s-domain/>

which I was trying to solve. It is about circuit Analysis and one has to
find Mesh currents from a planar circuit.
In the last step, one has to find the inverse Laplace transform of the two
functions.
I only found out that Gnu Octave takes a huge amount of time to calculate
the inverse Laplace transform of some functions. Yesterday night, I was
going to bed and started the calculation only to find out in the morning
that it was not yet done calculating.

Here is a screenshot:
<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373596/Annotation_2020-01-06_110927.png>

I got the job done using Wolfram Alpha but, that leaves me a big concern. I
don't know if I can rely on Octave's symbolic calculation abilities if I
happen to encounter a comparable question in my exam and if Octave stalls.