Re: Octave should create a forum

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Octave should create a forum
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 16:45:35 +0100

>I found forum time consuming and not effective if you try to follow
>multiple projects or large communication flows.
>Of the ~30 projects I follow as cygwin package maintainer, only one
>is using forum and it is the least one as efficacy in communication
>between the core team and the rest of the community.

I think that a forum is good if you want to increase interaction at the
expense of time efficiency.  This makes sense if a mailing list is no
more good enough because of excessive traffic, too many threads, too
many people writing and answering.  While it seems to me that traffic on
this list has increased in the last few years, I think we are not there
yet.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107