Re: Defining a "point"

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Defining a "point"
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 00:41:28 +0900

On 12/29/19 12:34 AM, sb wrote:
> Sorry but when I try your suggestion I get lines and not points (using
> plot()).
> Is there a point entity in Octave?
> Like vectors, matrices?
>
> Shlomo

Maybe a slightly modified version of Doug's example is what you want?

   points =[1 2; 7 1; 8 3]
   plot(points, "marker", "o", "linestyle", "none")

You should be more specific about your intentions, otherwise we just can
do wild guessing.  Type some pseudocode you wish Octave could execute,
for example.  Is it used just for plotting or do you plan some
computations on these points?

Other ideas are to create a struct with coordinates

   p1.x = 1
   p1.y = 2

or even a class would be possible

   classdef Point