Re: Cannot install statistics pkg from the command line

From: Brett Green
Subject: Re: Cannot install statistics pkg from the command line
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 16:37:18 -0500

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 4:15 PM Nick Gayeski <address@hidden> wrote:
I have just downloaded and install GNU Octave on my Windows 7 desktop computer. I then tried to install the statistics package using the command on the next line below, and received the error message on the following lines:

 pkg install -forge package_statistics
error: get_forge_pkg: package not found: "package_statistics".  Maybe you meant "instrument-control?"
error: called from
    get_forge_pkg at line 84 column 5
    get_forge_download at line 26 column 14
    pkg at line 407 column 31

I also downloaded the statistics package 1.4.1 tar, unzipped with WinZip and installed in the the same directory in which  Octave is installed. But any command to a statistics script returns the error message that the stats pkg is not installed.

What do I need to do to install this package?

Nick

If you just downloaded the most recent version, you may not need to - 5.1.0 comes with many packages pre-installed, including statistics. I just checked ("pkg list") and statistics is already installed. If that's the case for you too, then you thould be good to go as soon as you've loaded it ("pkg load statistics").